By booking a trip, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions that govern the relationship between the client and Travel on a Budget, the cancellation policy, and limitations of liability. All persons wishing to make a booking have carefully read and fully understood the Terms and Conditions that follow. By making a booking with the Company or its Agents, you accept on behalf of yourself and all those names on the booking, including minors and persons under a disability, to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
The Legal company name is Travel on a Budget di Irene Chimenti – Tour Operator – by Authorization of the Province of Siena dated 20.01.2013. Our official trademarks are Tuscany on Wheels, Italy on a Budget Tours & Tuscany on a Budget. The program conforms to the requirements of the verified texts of L.R.T. 16/94 (Tuscan Regional Law). The contract is subject to the provisions of law n° 1084 dated 27/12/77 as ratified and implemented relative to travel contracts and the EEC directive 90/314.
Please note that the trips under Italy on a Budget brand are designed for young people between the ages of 18 to 39 years something. We may in special circumstances approve persons outside this range. We reserve the sole right to decline a booking request from you should we think our trips are not suited for you.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
- Reservations are always required and have to be made either online, through the tour operator directly, at the reception desk of the client’s accommodation, or by agencies both in Italy and abroad.
- The online booking system of the tour operator is powered by an authorized agent called TrekkSoft. All online credit card payments will appear on the customer’s credit card statement as paid to TrekkSoft, the same as the refund. In the event some cards are not accepted, the client is required to get in touch with the tour operator directly in order to book.
- To make a booking and guarantee your seat on any Travel on a Budget tour, you provide payment in full or a deposit only where it is allowed.
- If the booking is successfully completed, the client will receive to the email address entered at the moment of the booking, a booking confirmation email containing the tour vouchers with information about the meeting point, time, and tour on it and the terms and conditions of the tour company. If the client hasn’t received any email from the tour operator, it is required to get in touch with the tour operator to ask to have them sent again.
- It is the responsibility of the client to check the accuracy of the booking and the dates of travel.
- If the booking is made well in advance, the tour operator Travel on a Budget recommends the clients contact the tour operator a week before the tour to verify that no changes have been made to the meeting point or time of the tour booked and that the information on the voucher is still valid.
- An online booking fee of € 2 is applied to all bookings made online. This fee is not refundable.
- The Company is not responsible for any charges applied to credit card transactions or conversion rates and will not refund or return any fees charged by third parties and incurred during the transaction of the tour cost.
ISSUE OF VOUCHERS
- Travel on a Budget or the booking agency or the accommodation will issue a voucher to the client which must be shown to the tour guide at the beginning of the tour. Alternatively, an ID with the Client’s name on it will be accepted unless it is specified on the voucher the contrary. In this case, the tour operator is entitled to refuse the customers without a printed ticket.
- Tickets and all documents will not be forwarded until full payment has been received by us.
- Some of Italy on a Budget excursions, where specified, are carried out with a minimum of participants. In the event the minimum number of the tour is not met, the client will always be informed via email not later than 48h prior to the tour for the day tours and 2 weeks prior to the short breaks and adventure holidays in order to organize alternative activities or cancel the tour booked.
- All services included in our tours are advertised on our website or printing material. There are no hidden costs.
- Travel on a Budget acts as a booking agent and contracts directly with coaches, boats, hostels, hotels, and other service providers. All bookings with carriers and other service providers are subject to their terms and conditions and limitations of liability. It is important to note that some of these limits exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay, and loss or damage to baggage.
- Travel on a Budget cannot accept any responsibility for any loss as a result of such actions or as a result of any act or omission of any such third parties.
- Due to the nature of the services provided, Travel on a Budget will not be liable if any service departs or arrives later than the specified time, even if as a result you miss a connecting service.
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for delays due to mechanical failure, or other issues that may arise and are outside of our control.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to meet the tour leader or transportation provided by Travel on a Budget at the correct time and location for departure. In the event you miss a tour or a planned departure, any extra travel costs incurred are paid by the client.
- Passengers who miss a departure time due to delay or cancelation of incoming transportation are not entitled to a refund. It is your responsibility to check in with the Travel on a Budget tour leader 15 minutes prior to the specified departure time.
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for your personal belongings. It is your responsibility to look after your belongings yourself. Travel on a Budget cannot be held responsible for loss, theft, or damage to any of your personal belongings, regardless of the circumstances.
To go through this difficult and uncertain time we have introduced the Flexi deposit
Book any trip of your choice, pay a small deposit
Change the dates, and/or destinations, as many times as you like
for free up to 45 days before departure
- For the multi-day tours, a non-refundable flexi deposit of 100 EUR per person per tour is required. If the booking is made within 45 days of the nominated departure date the full amount payable must be made at the time of booking. The outstanding balance of the tour price must be paid no later than 45 days prior to the scheduled, nominated, or confirmed tour departure date or the payment date. Whilst every endeavor will be made to remind you of the payment due dates, it is your responsibility to make this payment in full by the due date. If payment is not made to the Operator or to your authorized Travel Agent (for Agent bookings) by the due date, the Operator will assume that you have canceled your tour, and cancellation charges will be levied by the Operator.
- For the day tours, a full amount is requested at the moment of the booking
- Any deposit paid directly to third parties ( hotels/hostels/travel agency/tour operators ) on our behalf for day tours is non-refundable. Payment of a deposit enables Travel on a Budget to hold a reservation for you. In the event of a cancellation, this will cause the complete loss of any refund paid. The remaining balance is paid directly at the meeting point to our tour leader in either cash or credit card.
CANCELLATION POLICY***/ CHANGE OF BOOKING
- Change of a booking by the client must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations must be always communicated to Travel on a Budget in writing.
- No refund will be given to those clients who do not show up at the correct departure time and point, or to those who lose contact with the guide and therefore do not complete the excursion.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to get in touch with Travel on a Budget if running late to the meeting point or if you can’t find the guide in order to assist you as much as possible. If you miss the tour, no refund will be possible. If the customer wishes to reschedule the same-day tour to a different date, the full amount of the tour must be repaid.
- The passenger is always due at the meeting point 15 mins/20mins before the departure
- No refunds will be made in respect of any unused portion of a ticket or partially completed trip.
| ||DAY TOUR||MULTI-DAY||RENTAL||MUSEUMS & MONUMENTS TICKETS||EXTRA HOTEL ACCOMMODATION & TRANSFER|
|TRIP DEPOSIT DUE PER PERSON||Payment in full|| EUR 100||Payment in full||no additional deposit required||no additional deposit required|
|FINAL PAYMENT DUE||48H||45 DAYS||48H||45 DAYS||45 DAYS|
|45 DAYS & OVER|| ||Transfer your deposit to another trip for free|| || || |
|44 – 21|| ||30% of the tour price|| ||–||–|
|20 – 15|| ||50% of the tour|| ||–||–|
|14 – 0|| ||100% of the tour price|| ||100%||100%|
|2 DAYS – 48H||Transfer to another tour or full refund||–||Transfer to another tour or full refund|| || |
|48H – 0||100% of the tour price||–||100% of the price paid|| || |
|DEPARTURE DAY / NO SHOW||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|ADMIN FEE||10%||EUR 35||10%||100%||100%|
The cancellation policies vary as follows:
- For cancellations communicated to Travel on a Budget in writing to email@example.com within at least 2 (two) days/ 48h prior to the tour, our Agency allows the clients to receive a full refund of the amount paid less administration fees.
- No refund will be possible when canceling the reservation of the tour/activity with less than at least 2 (two) days’ notice/ 48h prior to the booked excursion date except for the complex day trips where we travel by train. In this case, we require a 2-week/14 days notice. After this time no refund will be possible.
- Any cancellations or changes of departure date or tour will incur an administration fee of 10%, where the new departure date/tour must be immediately nominated. These changes may result in the loss of any special discounts applied to the originally booked Tours and are in addition to any fees that may be levied by your Travel Agent
- The short breaks and the holiday adventures include several services from accommodation, transport, assistance, tours, etc. The cancellation policy for these products is not the same as the day tours.
- Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to Travel on a Budget to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to cancel for whatever reason, where written confirmation is received from you or your authorized Agent with a minimum of 45 days notice prior to your confirmed or nominated departure date, your deposit value will remain secure with the Operator until you are ready to use it against another trip. Deposits can only be credited to or from trips that qualify for a deposit as outlined within the clause. One deposit amount can be credited per trip. Deposits cannot be combined or applied to existing bookings. No refund of the deposit will be applicable.
- Tour changes to one of higher value or seasonality will require a difference in price to be paid. It is your responsibility to notify the Operator in writing of your new nominated departure date.
- Upon cancellation, you will be liable to pay a fee to cover the estimate of cost and expenses incurred by us in the terms of the schedule set out hereunder. This is expressed as a percentage of the holiday price and is calculated as follows:
45 days & over: Transfer your flexi deposit to another trip for free
44 – 21 days: 30% of the tour fare
20 – 15 days: 50% of the tour fare
14 – 0 days: 100% of the tour fare
- For online bookings, the money will be refunded directly back to the card used to book except for the € 2 booking fee which is not refundable,
- No refunds will be made in respect of any unused portion of a ticket or partially completed trip.
- Any cancellations, changes of departure date, or tours within the deposit threshold but prior to the full fee threshold will incur an administration fee of 35 EUR, per person per tour. These changes may result in the loss of any special discounts applied to the originally booked Tours and are in addition to any fees that may be levied by your Travel Agent.
- For the bookings made with Travel on a Budget directly either by bank transfer or credit card, a 5% processing fee will be applied on top of the percentage above.
MUSEUMS, SERVICE, ADDS ON:
Museums reservation, pre&post accommodations, transfers, and add-ons are non-refundable and not transferrable for any reason.
- For cancellations communicated to Travel on a Budget in writing to email@example.com within at least 2 (two) days/ 48h prior to the rental, our Agency allows the clients to receive a full refund of the amount paid less administration fees.
- No refund will be possible when canceling the reservation of the rental with less than at least 2 (two) days notice/ 48h prior to the rental date.
- Any cancellations or changes of departure date or tour will incur an administration fee of 10%
- For the Vespa rental a valid driver’s license to drive in Italy is required (you need to have it with you on the tour).
- The rental agreements, valid documents and a credit card are mandatory for the rental. The Agent reserves the right to cancel the booking if the documents are not submitted correctly and the credit card is not valid.
- We reserve the right of final judgment in client participation of actual scooter driving or in the client being a passenger, or to discontinue scooter use at any point. Any participant unable to drive scooters safely may ride double with a partner. No refunds will be granted in these cases.
CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY THE COMPANY
Travel on a Budget reserves the right to cancel any holiday/short break/day tours if the minimum number is not met or for unforeseen circumstances. Travel on a Budget will notify the passenger in advance and will offer the passenger the options of:
- Rebooking for another date/departure free of charge
- Take a substitute tour of equivalent or superior quality if the Company is able and willing to offer such a substitute
- Take a full refund of the amount paid less the administration fees
WEATHER, ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND NATIONAL STRIKES
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for any delay, deviation, or cancellation due to weather conditions, traffic, and national strikes even if as a result you miss a connecting service. These events are totally outside the tour operator’s control.
- No trip may be canceled or changed by you at any time on the basis of weather conditions if they are not considered by the Travel on a Budget an obstacle to the tour. This will cause a complete loss of the tour booked with no refund.
- Travel on a Budget reserves the right to cancel the tours ( bike tours, horseback riding, boat trips, vespa tours, tuk-tuk tours, and any other outdoor activity) when the weather conditions are considered to be dangerous for the client’s safety. In this case, Travel on a Budget will suggest taking the tour on a different day or will offer the possibility to transfer the booking to any different tour of the company of the same value at no extra costs. Alternatively, Travel on a Budget will issue the full refund in the form of a voucher for the activity paid valid for 18 months, or issue a refund less the administration fees.
- If the National strike is announced well in advance and affects the itinerary of the tour, Travel on a Budget will inform the clients by email to offer to organize the same tour for a different date or will refund the tour in full less the administration fees.
- If the National strike is only announced on the day of the tour but prior to the start of the tour and is affecting the itinerary, Travel on a Budget will have the right to cancel the tour if unable to offer alternative solutions. In this case, Travel on a Budget will suggest taking the tour on a different day or will offer the possibility to transfer the booking to any different tour of the company of the same value at no extra costs. Alternatively, Travel on a Budget will issue the full refund in the form of a voucher for the activity paid valid for 18 months or issue a refund of 50% of the tour value
- If the National strike is only announced when the tour has already started, Travel on a Budget will refund the part of the tour unused corresponding to the travel fees, any meals not used, or a compensation fee.
- In case of operational reasons or matters not due to Travel on a Budget (road conditions, strikes, delays, changes in opening times, or other problems), the tour operator may modify the tour at any time or replace it with alternative services of the same type and quality. In such case, there will be no change in the price of the excursion.
Force Majeure Event means any event or circumstance beyond the control of Travel on a Budget, including but not limited to: (a) an act of god (such as earthquake, flood, fire, explosion, landslide, lightning, action of the elements, force of nature, washout, typhoon, hurricane, cyclone, tsunami, storm or storm warning or natural disaster); (b) industrial disputes, work ban or other labour dispute or difficulty; (c) acts of terrorism, political unrest, war or threat of war, riots or civil strife; (d) failure or delays to scheduled transportation and the closure of airports or ports; (e) pandemic, epidemic or health risk; (f) governmental and administrative actions (including closure of borders and travel warnings and restrictions), other casualty or cause, not within the control of Travel on a Budget, that would make it impractical or impossible for Travel on a Budget to be held, all the conditions, rights and duties of both the operator and the client, set out in the contract of the terms and conditions are no longer valid and falls under ” cases of force majeure ” .
The customer agrees per the terms and conditions herein to receive a credit voucher of the amount spent or of the service not used for future use. This voucher is transferable and can be used for future bookings within a year from the issue date on any of the Tour Operator services.
- In case of a sudden increase in individual prices indicated, superior to 10% (e.g. new taxes or duties), the excursion prices will be modified accordingly. Clients, hotels, accommodations, and agencies which sell our services will be informed in writing.
SPECIAL OFFERS & DISCOUNTS
- Special offers and discounts can only be applied at the time of booking and cannot be retrospectively added at a later date, regardless of any changes made to the original booking.
- Discounts and special offers cannot be accumulated and when 2 or more offers can apply to a booking in all cases only the discount offering the highest saving to the booking will be applied.
- Discount codes and promo codes cannot be used on already discounted tours. If this happens the client will be asked to pay the difference.
- The excursions scheduled in the program are covered by R.C. insurance for the risk, limits of indemnity which appear in article 13 of L.R.T. 16/94 with ASSICURAZIONI ALLIANZ GLOBAL ASSISTANCE nr. 78777680. The Tour Operator does not respond for damages caused by third parties or for reasons beyond its control and is not responsible for the loss or forgetfulness of valuable (and not) objects or luggage.
- There is no travel insurance included in the cost of any Travel on a Budget tour or package, ticket, or product.
- Travel on a Budget highly recommends that you purchase your own travel insurance that covers all of your travels. Travel on a Budget strongly recommends that you are covered by a comprehensive insurance policy which includes: personal accident, medical expenses, trip interruption, personal baggage, money and public liability, evacuation and repatriation cover including during pandemic events. The choice of insurer is yours. Travel on a Budget cannot be held responsible for your failure to obtain insurance which is appropriate and we recommend you purchase your insurance at or soon after booking your trip. Travel on a Budget will not be held liable for any costs incurred by the guest resulting from their failure to obtain adequate travel insurance.
- Any complaint by the client must be communicated in writing to Travel on a Budget to firstname.lastname@example.org within and not later than 10 days after the date of the tour. The complaints or disputes that cannot be solved amicably between the client and Travel on a Budget, shall be referred to Siena Court.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND FILMS
- All contents on our printing material and website are protected by copyright. Therefore it is not permitted to copy either in part or in full any of the texts, colors, images, and tour titles in use by the tour operator. Our brands Italy on a Budget tours and Tuscany on a Budget and logos are officially registered in Italy. The graphic layout, texts, imagines, and colors cannot be copied either in part or in full.